Sunday, January 04, 2009

2008 Retrospective

It has been quite a year - and I doubt I'd be able to do it all justice in one post. But here are a few highlights from 2008 in my world (non-work):


  • Singing the Durufle Requiem with the Illinois Symphony Chorus
  • The Wizard of Oz pit orchestra
  • House hunting & the purchase of our first home in April









  • The coolest bridal shower ever - with lots of cake centerpieces










  • My sister, Rebekah, lives the dream (spends a summer in NYC)
  • My sister, Mary's high school graduation










  • Granny and Gramps' 60th anniversary










  • Lots of friends getting married (which meant doing the Cha Cha Slide A LOT) and lots of friends having babies (which mostly made me feel old)
  • Our wedding (July 12th)











  • Crazy/great trip/honeymoon in Mexico
  • Finding out about Baby Sandel
  • My brother Josh & Jenna's wedding (July 26th)









  • Millions of peaches









  • Olympic Opening Ceremonies party - where I fell asleep in the basement
  • New co-worker in my department - yay Gabe!
  • Going to 2 Cubs games









  • A new small group
  • Fun fall things - IN Covered Bridge Festival, haunted house in Terre Haute & the Great Pumpkin Patch
  • Election Day Birthday Party









  • The arrival of the PIANO to our house
  • The world's craziest Christmas season









Wow. Well - 2008, thanks for being an incredible year. We will definitely remember you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bethany - just wanted to leave a note saying thanks for commenting over on my blog. I didn't know you had a blog but I'll be visiting over here regularly! I especially appreciate your links and worship thoughts.