Saturday, June 17, 2006

The 6 Love Languages

I spent a short amount of my Friday evening with the fam. We watched an episode of 5 Takes: Pacific Rim (I love that show - I want to do 5 Takes: Europe. They already did it, I know...but still) where they go to Taipei, Taiwan. My brother was loving it since he went there last year - he was disappointed they didn't eat stinky tofu.

Then we went to Buffet King (which I MUCH prefer to Buffet City) - all 6 of us. I think it served as our Father's Day celebration since we'll be various places on Sunday. It was good food & the fam tolerated me as I lip sync'd (unashamedly) to the Celine Dion greatest hits that was playing for the entire meal.

As I was about to go to my car, Bekah handed me a mix CD. Now you may have heard of the 5 Love Languages. I say there are 6 - gifts, quality time, physical touch, acts of service, words of affirmation, and mix CDs. Don't try to tell me that mix CDs could fit into one of the other 5 categories. Let me explain myself. I'm not talking about making/getting a mix of music just to share things you like (although I enjoy that as well). I'm talking about when someone makes a mix for someone specific for a specific reason. This CD was one of those - and I didn't even ask for it!

Here it is: "Just a Ride" - June '06
  1. Just a Ride - Jem
  2. Lucky Denver Mint - Jimmy Eat World
  3. Long Ride Home - Patty Griffin
  4. Thinking About You - Ivy
  5. Hard Times - Eastmountainsouth
  6. This Time Around - Helen Stellar
  7. Same in Any Language - I Nine
  8. Galileo - Indigo Girls
  9. Santa Maria de Feira - Devendra Banhart
  10. Finally Woken - Jem
  11. 1000 Miles - Vanessa Carlton
  12. Walking Downtown - Copeland
  13. Time Will Do the Talking - Patty Griffin
  14. Lead Me On - Bethany Dillon
  15. Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
  16. The World You Love - Jimmy Eat World
  17. Let Him Fly - Patty Griffin

Some of it I had heard - some of it I had wanted to hear - and it's just a great CD for me right now. Favorites right now - Jem, Eastmountainsouth, Patty (of course), and the Indigo Girls song. Rock. (And thanks, Bekah)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

indigo girls - holla!

Anonymous said...

yay i'm so glad you like it!! you deserve it and keep enjoyin it :-) love you and thinking about you