- We slept in and ate at Tim Horton's for breakfast. Good donuts.
- It was a gorgeous day - and we walked around & shopped most of the day.
- We tried to find the PATH (an underground walkway with shops that goes around a large section of downtown) - but the entrance we wanted to use was being blocked by the bomb squad. We will try it another day.
- I had my first international driving experience. It was only 10 blocks or so. I feel empowered.
- Mary and I were on our own tonight. We compromised on food choices - Subway for dinner and crepes for dessert. I had a dark chocolate and banana crepe...very nice.
- Mary noticed an Umbra store - I'd seen their products in stores back home, but it was cool to see a bunch of their stuff in one place.
- At Umbra, I found this book - "Toilets of the World" - it was actually pretty fascinating. A store employee saw me looking at it and said it was one of her favorite books.
- I'm definitely getting my big city fix - which is a very good thing. The fact that it's a city outside the U.S. is a big bonus.
Monday, June 25, 2007
Toronto Travel Journal #2
It's late & I don't have too much to document, so I'll do bullet point highlights from the day.