I loved visiting Park Slope (Brooklyn neighborhood) - and God did cool things in many of us during that trip.
- I love urban areas - and it always amazes me that God knows ALL of these people as well as He knows me. I always wonder if I could live in an urban area.
- People in Park Slope have really strong perceptions of Christians - primarily political (which I don't think politics is bad - but it's definitely not the central theme of Christianity!!) and close-minded. I know the team out there is trying to break those stereotypes. How do I contribute to those perceptions here - how do I actively work against them?
- As we walked around the neighborhood, prayed for people, served people, and talked with people - my heart and eyes began to see things from a Kingdom perspective. I need to do that here in Springfield - and am glad that we're going to try this summer (www.servantrevolution.com).
- I want to go back there. Maybe this summer.
- God put together a random group of young people to go on this trip - and did really cool things in community.
Now I'm off to play in the LAST "Sound of Music" show at the Muni - por fin. It's been good, but ready to be done.