Tuesday, February 06, 2007

and everywhere I go I see...

I don't go see movies in the theater very often, but the past few movies I've seen in the theater, I've had an odd experience.

Example 1: Last December, I went to see The Holiday with some girl friends (it's a chick flick - w/ Kate Winselt, Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, etc.). We weren't too far into the movie when all of a sudden (to my great surprise) - John Krasinski shows up on screen! (If you don't know who that is, he plays Jim on The Office.) Well, I got excited and said to my friend Kara, "I did NOT know he was in this movie!" As it turns out, he was only in one scene. I looked for him the rest of the movie, but he wasn't there. (Sadness.)

Example 2: This week, I finally made it to see Dreamgirls (I like a good musical, and it was a childhood ambition of mine to be a backup singer in a girls group). It was a pretty fast-paced movie - we're going through decades and singing and having fun. Then, over 2/3rds of the way through the movie - "Wait a second. What is Jim doing in THIS movie??" He was playing some artsy/hippie assistant to John Lithgow in one scene. I don't think he had any lines - but I don't really remember because I was so surprised that he was in Dreamgirls. Is it just me, or does that not make any sense?!? I was just waiting for him to look directly into the camera and make a goofy face (probably referring to Beyonce's outfit).

So, I'm thinking, what other current movies could Jim show up in? At this point, not much would surprise me.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Mike and I are probably going to see Pan's Labyrinth this weekend. I will be super-hyped if he shows up in that.

(He did not turn up in The Queen, unfortunately.)

Brandi said...

Did you like Dreamgirls? It seems like your kind of movie. I liked it okay... I loved the singing, but they lost me in the second half. I was really surprised when we left and it had only been two hours, it felt a lot longer than that.

Bethany said...

Brandi - you're absolutely right it's totally my kind of movie :) I liked it - especially the singing. Though I can definitely see your take.