I don't know why I use holidays as mile-markers...but it is interesting to use them to see what was going on a year ago (or 2 or 3 or...).
In 2005, a group of us spent a day from our Brooklyn mission trip sight-seeing in Manhattan. I love the city - and that day is a fun memory to look back on:
This is one of my very favorite pictures of one of my very favorite people (on the Staten Island Ferry, no less):
And then in 2006, I was lucky enough to spend one short day in the Windy City with another favorite person.
We were lucky to have pretty nice weather - and we had a GREAT time.
- Some exploring of downtown (Millenium Park mainly)
- A long windy walk to Navy Pier
- Looking at stained glass (and avoiding Jehovah's Witnesses!)
- Eating ice cream
- The buying of Cubs t-shirts
- Browsing at Borders (one of my most favorite things ever)
- And of course - the Wonderful Wicked.
The show was really great - I may attempt more coherent thoughts on that sometime later. I'm still buzzing from it right now. I also borrowed a camera yesterday, so hopefully I'll have some pictures soon.
I say spending St. Pat's in a BIG city is the way to go...